Monday, October 05, 2009

House of the Lord

Hola a todos! Hello everyone!
How are you? We are doing well! We have had a turn in the weather...snow/rain and cold. Today, the high was about 45. Oh well. The sunset was totally awesome and beautiful after a day of rain and hail and snow. We are so grateful for the conference messages that were shared with us. We are so grateful to our Father in Heaven who loves each one of us! We love His Son. We know that Christ is our Savior and that he is the head of His church here on earth. We hope that you will go to lds.org and listen to some of their words. They will speak the Lord's truths to you.
Karen & Mike :D





First off...

FELÍZ CUMPLEAÑOS, ADAM!!!!!
I Love you! I couldn´t find your address to send you anything... :( But I do love you, older brother! (I couldn´t even find your e-mail, which was LAME... so e-mail me! :D Please?)

Aaand...

I´d like to start this e-mail with one of my favorite Hymns, which also goes with one of my favorite scriptures.

High on the mountain top, a banner is unfurled.
Ye people now look up, it waves to all the world.
In Deseret´s sweet peaceful land.
On Zion´s Mount Behold it stand!

Isaiah 2:2-5
2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us ago up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the flaw, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
4 ...nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the Lord.


I am so excited! The temple has always been a place I´ve looked to as a goal. Now that I´ve made that step, I want to help all of God´s children make it there. To begin to understand, if only in a small portion, the promises the Lord has made with his people. And what a grand potential they each have as sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father.

At the General Conference of the Church this Saturday, they announced the plans to build a temple here in my mission! Well, probably in the Concepción "North" mission, but still! The people here in Temuco can only make the 8-hour trip to Santiago about once a year, and so I often fear that many never understand the blessing and importance of going often... because they cannot afford to do it. But I felt a peace and excitement... and yes, I wanted to jump up and down too... when I heard it.

This is the work. No unhallowed hand can stop it.

Anyhow... enough spiritualness. Other than that...

Yes, we watched all four sessions in the stake center and Three investigators came, an unmarried couple and a sister came. Pamela is really amazing. She listens so intently and is really excited to learn. Her... "husband" was a bit less interested which is why I was SO excited to see him there... and with a smile on his face after the Saturday afternoon session. He finally got to really hear lesson 1... and straight from an apostle´s translated words!

We got to listen this time in Spanish... which was a challenge, but also a blessing.

Mom questions:

...wait... there aren´t any?!

WHAT? There´s always mom questions! The only thing I see in the form of a question is:

"Was Conference awesome, or what?"

...and that seems kind of rhetorical to me. Or WHAT! :D

But life is good, and we did 200 contacts last week. THAT was mindblowing. And fun. Lots of people listened... we´ll see who hangs on.

Trying to put photos....

fail. :/ Okay, this is really starting to bug me. I´m gonna ask some computer smart elder to help me... but right now I gotta go. Know that I´m well, and that there are letters on their way... Melanie and Monica last week. Writing one for Becky... again. Lol. And Brian will have to wait... whether he and his little companion like it or not, because I also owe Megan Turner, Dacia, and my family letters.


Speaking of which, is Jason Dating anyone? And tell Michelle to e-mail me about her date and dance and such.

Thanks for the e.mails mom and Cheryl.

Give London and Ashby hugs and kisses on my part.

Keep the Faith.
-Hermana Loveless

0 comments: